Monday, September 8, 2008

Sometimes it's just TOOO much information....

It occurred to me the other day that there are very few things a person actually has to know, and way too much that they don’t need to know. The only two things that I really ever need to know are where I put my glasses and where my car keys are. Everything else is just too much information. Not that I’m promoting not knowing other stuff, it’s just that I don’t need to have it inside my head all at the same time. That’s what my computer and Google are for. If I do need to know something for just a moment, I can Google it and then tell Doug “see, I’m right” and then let it go.

What I don’t need to know is that some guy in the lower mainland has a bullet riddled gangster body in his fridge and he wants the police to give him money for it. Why this bit of information was on the front page of the newspaper is beyond me. Kudos to him for creative entrepreneurial skills, but really, the stench???? Why didn’t he put it in the freezer? He also said that if the police didn’t give him money he would just burn the body. Another lesson learned – never limit your target market to just one small percentile of the population. Like I said, there are some things I just don’t need to know.

Like when my kids tell me about stuff that they used to do behind my back when they were teenagers – I really don’t need to know any of that. They don’t know it, but they are still groundable….I just have to figure out how to make it stick....

3 comments:

Princess said...

I need to rephrase that. Use blackle.com instead of google.ca blackle saves energy. That is very strange who would do that?
Love Jenna

Princess said...

who blog is more moxie than money Grandma?

Rhonda said...

It's great-Nana's. It's mostly about her book that she wrote.