Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Zen of Poker (part 2)


Doug and Annie Duke

I've mentioned Annie Duke and how she is the most famous woman poker player, EVER. She is a walking encyclopedia of percentages when it comes to poker hands and poker pots.

And, because of the math thing, she is Doug's newest, best friend.

So, this is how it came down. We were leaving the seminar when they announced that Annie would be holding an all-women's clinic in Las Vegas in June. Now, June is my birthday month and my first thought is:

Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday, get packed!
Happy Birthday to me!

It also just happens to be at the EXACT same time that Doug is hosting his annual all-guys poker tournament weekend.

My thoughts - Yip-P as in Perfect timing

Doug's thoughts -
Whaaaat??? You get to go to Vegas and hang out with Annie Duke and I have to stay and play poker with the guys. Whaaaat?????

Next up - Doug and his need for one-up-man-ship.

No comments: