Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fly the Friendly Skies of United (Part 2)

I am so choked with United Airlines at this point. I talked to other airlines – some will change a name for free, some will charge a small fee and some would require proper documentation (i.e. marriage certificate). All reasonable requirements. But what SOOO annoyed me was the reference to 9/11. They were lying to their customers. It was obviously a company policy – not some Homeland Security law that was passed by the United States Congress (I think that’s who passes laws in the US – I will have to look that up). Can’t you just see all those congressmen debating this new law???

Yes, that is definitely the best way to keep our home shores safe – DO NOT LET boneheaded people who make stupid on-line mistakes change the name on their airline reservation. Here, here! Those infidels! This is an important historic moment!! Rah, Rah, Rah.

Anyways, like I said before – I used to work at the airport so I called the head guy for United Airlines in Vancouver and told him my dilemma and by the next day my name was changed and it didn’t cost me a cent. He was pretty sure that the US Government would rather have the real names of passengers instead of fake ones.

So, take that, CSR’s Supervisor. I so wanted to call her back and say “Nah, nah, na, nah, nah” and yes, I know that’s childish, but I didn’t. Not because I was adult enough not to act childish – I just didn’t want them to mess up my reservation. So I left that for after my trip was finished.

Part III to come….

No comments: