Friday, May 2, 2008

It's All Black and White

I love black and white. If I could, my entire house would be that. With touches of silver. There is even a women’s clothing store with nothing but black and white clothing (www.whitehouseblackmarket.com). I love it.

My love affair with all things black and white started with an outdated powder room and a black and white picture of Marilyn Monroe and a vision (although the vision was delayed by, oh, a couple of years while Doug and I debated the fate of all three bathrooms in our house that all needed updating and maybe, Doug says, we can do it ourselves – now there’s a brilliant idea and a whole other story).

But by December 2006, my powder room vision was complete. It’s so pretty. But it’s the only black and white (with silver) theme going on in our house because Doug refuses to vote yes to new furniture and our current furniture won’t work.


So I did the next best thing. I created a black and white (with silver) Christmas. With matching gift wrap. Everybody hated it. But me.


But I will carry on. My new laptop looks like a baby grand piano. I guess I am going to have to change my office to go with it….


No comments: