Thursday, May 29, 2008

Quitting Smoking = end of any bathing suit season

Both Doug and I quit smoking 2 ½ years ago. Yeah, that was WAY fun.

What was even more fun was the amount of weight I gained. Who knew that going to Boston Pizza three times a week (which was our reward for quitting smoking) would make you gain weight.??? We always had salad (well, along with the pasta/pizza/bread - oh and by the way? you'd be surprised at how many grams of fat there are in salads at ALL my favourite restaurants - but that's another story).

Anyways, there it is. And it still is. I once got weighed about a year after I quit and was so amused to find that I weighed as much as I did when I was 9 months pregnant with any of my kids. Now? Not so much. Because IT'S STILL THERE. So this is what being pregnant forever feels like. Sharon even called me a “chunky monkey”, although I’m sure it was meant in the nicest possible way…

Anyways, Oprah said that if there ever was a picture of her in a bathing suit it would be a hoax, because she NEVER wears one.

Yeah, so if not wearing a bathing suit is good enough for Oprah, it’s good enough for me.

1 comment:

Princess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.