Friday, May 16, 2008

Time to Say Good-bye

There are two of us and we have three vehicles (Doug also has a 1967 Camaro) – all of which are unable to accommodate more than 2 people comfortably at a time. Which isn’t a problem when it’s the two of us but becomes somewhat problematic if we have say, the grandchildren to ferry around or groceries to buy and it’s raining outside.

So after MUCH consideration and discussion it was agreed – I would trade my Miata in for something a little more practical and a lot safer. (my granddaughter Jenna is heartbroken – “but grandma, I LOOOVE your zoom-zoom car”). We would keep the truck until it drove itself into the ground because Doug still loooves his truck.

Oooh, it’s so pretty and new and it does everything. I got a cross-over SUV (why do they call them cross-over – like they went over to the other side???)

All I have to do is get in and turn a key. It does everything else, including turning on the windshield wipers when it starts to rain. There are 15 airbags - I'm pretty sure they will smother me if I ever get in an accident - but at least I won't be all bloody, which makes me faint. It also came with a navigation system and a backup camera.

I got the vehicle home and, of course, Doug went out and played with the navigation system, downloaded some music, input some GPS way points, connected the phone to the bluetooth system and then realized “hey, this is waaaaay better than my truck”…..

It’s only a matter of time….


1 comment:

sly said...

ooohhh, but it is so fine! i wanted to move in. crazy rhonda, puts a total of 10km on the beauty, and asks me if i want to drive, ME?? sure, right and okay, no pressure here. i chose not to.
but i will happily passenger any time.